Friday, 25 February 2011

Social Media and fixing web glitches

I took a look at my website today as I've had a day off from work and although I've got loads to do in preparation for next weeks classes and for OFSTED (I've also been updating my skills in using Div tags and css in Dreamweaver), I was making a real hash of the handouts I was trying to create, (on the aforementioned topic), so I took a break from the slog and decided to check out my website gallery to see if a fresh pair of eyes could work out why it wasn't scrolling or showing all of the images.... I ploughed through the script in the Flash file, then went into the xml file in Dreamweaver and I saw straight away that I had duplicated words in the xml - I didn't dream that this would be the solution.... seemed too easy for once.... but hey - it now works! That made me happy :). I then thought I would add a link to this blog, seeing as the site is about the animation for my final module and this blog is all about the journey getting there - they should have been linked all along!

I must admit that I recently purchased Inbound Marketing a book by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah - and this got me sidetracked into researching how to get rss onto my website and consequently on to fixing the gallery glitch that I previously could not fix. I have been trying to dip my toe into the book at the end of very long days - but finding it hard to focus - but it is interesting to try to read up on aspects of Social Media. 

Over Christmas I searched long and hard to find some kind of help to create a social network for the animation students at my College. I came across Social Go and took time to set it up for myself and the students. We now have our own animation social network and so far the students have joined and uploaded some of their work and have been communicating effectively with it. I'm glad it was worth the effort, just need to take the time to keep it up to date :).

No comments:

Post a Comment